Michelle and Peter got married in September and had an amazing celebration at the Sanderling Resort in Duck, NC. With a particularly excellent taste for music, the couple chose amazing songs to rock each step of their wedding reception. Plus, they custom-made team towels so their guests could spin them around on the dance floor. Check out their wedding reception playlist as well as some cool shots below:
Wedding Ceremony Songs:
- Seating of parents: Piano Guys – A Thousand Years
- Bridesmaids/Groomsmen – Piano Guys – A Thousand Years
- Brides Processional – Canon in D – Vio Dance
- Recessional – Lumineers – Ho Hey
Cocktail Hour Music:
The music for cocktail hour consisted of artists such as The Beach Boys, James Taylor, Jimmy Buffett, Bob Marley, Zac Brown Band, Kenny Chesney, and modern country artists such as Christ Stapleton, and Thomas Rhett.
The parents were introduced into the room to “Something Just Like This” by The Chainsmokers & Coldplay
They did a Patriots and Steels theme. All of Michelle’s side (brothers and sisters) came out to “Renegade” by Styx. Peters side came out to “Crazy Train” by Ozzy Osbourne and the guests each had a towel of their favorite team, Patriots and Steelers towels to wave in the air as the wedding party made their entrance.
Finally Michelle and Peter were introduced into the room to “Club Can’t Handle Me” by Flo Rida
For the Father-Daughter dance, they combined Bruce Springsteen’s “Santa Clause is coming to town” mixed into Ben E. King’s “Stand by me”
The flow of dinner was primarily classics such as Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Harry Connick Jr, Michael Buble, Louis Armstrong, Nat King Cole & Natalie Cole, Elvis Presley, etc.
- First Dance – Ed Sheeran – Perfect
- Father/Daughter dance – They did a special dance starting off with Bruce Springsteen’s “Santa Clause is coming to town” then mixed into Ben E. King’s “Stand by me”
- Mother/son dance – They did the same thing with a start of “Teddy Bears Have Their Picnic” by Anne Murray then went into Billy Joel “She’s Got A Way”
Mother Son dance was also a combination – a start of “Teddy Bears Have Their Picnic” by Anne Murray then went into Billy Joel “She’s Got A Way”
**Bride and Groom songs that got crowd on dance floor – For Peter, “Bad Bad LeRoy Brown” by Jim Croce. For Michelle, Dion – “The Wanderer”
Cake Cutting Song:
- Four Tops – “I can’t help myself”
Garter Toss Song
- The Dixie Cups – “Chapel of love”
** The bride chose not to have a bouquet toss – instead she gave her bouquet to her friend that is getting married next September 2018. If you’re looking for inspiration, we recently put together the Top 50 Most Popular Bouquet Toss Songs of 2017. Check it out!
Reception Last Dance:
1) Empire of The Sun – “Alive”
- Hair & Make-up: Glimmer Girls @ Bride’s Vacation Home off Property
- Officiate: Paul Ward (Groom’s Uncle)
- Ceremony Music: Coastal DJ and Video, George Wainwright, 252.573.0161, [email protected]
- Cocktail Hour Music: Coastal DJ and Video, George Wainwright, 252.573.0161, [email protected]
- Photographer: Neil GT Photography, Neil Thurston, 252.573.9058, [email protected] +1
- Videography: Reel Love Weddings, Benny Baldwin, 252-599-6297, [email protected] +1
- Florist: Bells & Whistles, Dorothy Heath Morris, 252.441.9310, [email protected]
- Reception Music: Coastal DJ and Video, George Wainwright, 252.573.0161, [email protected]
- Wedding Cake: Just Desserts, Melinda Gregory, 252.441.2931, [email protected]
- Italian Ice: OBX Sunset Slush, Tracy and Eric Shearer, 252.564-5126, [email protected]
- Dance Floor: Sanderling-White
Rocking Your Party
Our team is ready to rock your wedding, corporate party, prom, or special event on the Outer Banks, Wilmington, and anywhere in between. Get in touch today.